I am tired sometimes. And I’m sure you are too…
The American Psychological Associated study Stress in America reported that more than 50% of the Millennials have been kept awake at least one night within the last month… due to stress…
You’re not born in the ‘80s and you don’t identify with the study? Don’t you worry, because the same quoted study says that 37% of Baby Boomers (people born between 1946 and 1964) and 25% of Matures (those born between 1925 and 1946) have the same sleepless nights problem.
So, here’s a short trick for you, also known as the 4-7-8 Exercise.
It was promoted by Dr. Weil, an influential public supporter, and presented in numerous headlines, including Oprah.com.
So, prepare your comfortable pajamas, your dearest pillow and follow these steps:
- Place the tip of your tongue against the tissue ridge right above your upper front teeth. Keep it there for the rest of the exercise.
- Exhale completely through your mouth. You will make a funny whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale slowly through your nose while slowly counting to four.
- Hold your breath and mentally count to seven.
- Exhale only through your mouth, while counting to eight.
All you have to remember is the position of your tongue, while breathing in for four, holding for seven and breathing out for eight… inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
Alina Gonzalez, of Byrdie.com, says this method helped her fall asleep while suffering from nerves and severe anxiety.
Did it work for you as fast as counting to 4-7-8?