Here’s a story from grandma’s closet of natural remedies.
The flu pandemic of 1918-119 killed more people than the Great War, somewhere between 20 and 40 million people.
Today I’ll share with you a simple recipe that can bulletproof your immune system against any common cold or flu virus and has been in my family for generations. My great-grandmother, a French woman, used it for her family, including 3 kindergarden children, in the late 1910s.
The ingredients are all simple and natural, as they were during WW1, when money were few, drugs stores were left without supplies and times were difficult.
Straight to the recipe!
Here’s what you need:
- A quart size mason jar
- 2 ounces dried Echinacea root
- 1 ounce fresh lemon balm
- 1/2 ounce fresh horehound
- 1 ounce fresh sage
- 100 proof vodka (or a mixture of 60% vegetable glycerin and 40% water) to fill the jar.
And here’s the simple recipe:
- Chop the herbs until fine.
- Add them to a glass jar.
- Fill the jar with the solvent (the solvent should rise 1-2 inches above the herbs, to make sure they are all covered).
- Label the jar with name and date.
- Put the jar aside, on a sunny window for 2-6 weeks, shaking it from time to time.
- Strain with a cheesecloth to compost the plant material and then place the tincture in a cool, dark place.
What did you get?
You got one of the most powerful tinctures there is. A natural immune system booster that no known flu or cold virus could survive.
Use 1/4-1/2 teaspoons of tincture for adults, every 30 minutes to an hour, until you fell significantly better… and a few (2-3 drops) for children under 16.